HomeAbout The ShowShow NewsListen NowListen NowContact

February 16th, 2011
Taser Report Times Three!

TASER REPORT #1:  Tanned Skin, No Brains

Mugs 'N Jugs waitress Ashley Agerenza, 19, is accused of leaving her 7-month-old daughter in the car when she went into Extreme Tan and Smoothies in St. Petersburg. Allegedly she tried to take her daughter into the tanning salon with her, but was told she couldn't leave her unattended while she tanned, reports WTSP News-10 in Tampa Bay.

So Agerenza placed her daughter into a rear car seat, then left the car unlocked and running. . Witnesses called the cops, accroding to WTSP News-10.

And officer found and confronted her.

Her response: She hit him twice.

The cop's response: He used his stun gun twice on her.

The baby was not harmed.

According to WTSP News-10, Agerenza talks about her baby on Facebook. Her last status post: "Wit my lil mama then i might go out for the fisrt time yay!dk if i can leave her tho.. So maybe just a drink wen she asleep.love my baby!"

Agerenza was charged with child abuse, resisting arrest without violence and battery on a law enforcement officer, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.




An Olathe man was using his 3-year-old son as a shield when a deputy accidentally discharged a stun gun on the child Monday, deputies said Tuesday.

Johnson County prosecutors on Tuesday charged Jason P. Troxel, 33, with battery on a law officer, obstruction of legal process and endangering a child.

Johnson County sheriff’s deputies said they were serving a child removal order when Troxel grabbed his son and used him as a shield while running out of the residence in the 800 block of South Lindenwood Drive.

Troxel fell to the ground with the boy and got back up. A deputy deployed the stun gun as Troxel ran away, deputies said.

Officials determined later that the stun gun probes hit the boy in the legs, they said.

Deputies then struggled with Troxel and got the child away from him, they said. Troxel allegedly ran again until a deputy tackled, shocked and arrested him

The child was treated for minor injuries and was released to his mother.

Troxel was held in jail on a civil contempt warrant, and prosecutors charged him Tuesday morning. He was arraigned Tuesday on the three misdemeanor charges.

Deputies said they went to the residence after Troxel’s estranged wife filed an order of protection Monday and got a court order to remove their two young sons.

She said in the protection request that when she went earlier in the day to get the boys, Troxel acted erratically and would not let her take them. He had both exits blocked, called a school to see whether she was drugging the boys and thought the landlord was bugging his house, she wrote.

In January of last year, Troxel pleaded guilty to violating another protection order and to making a criminal threat against his wife. He was sentenced to a year of probation.




A three day birthday bash came to a violent end when the man celebrating his 21st was tasered by police after allegedly threatening officers with a shovel.

The Eketahuna man, who had also allegedly attacked police earlier and had shrugged off a taser attempt, was arrested at 2.30am on Monday as a number of officers from Masterton and Pahiatua swarmed into the area. He was charged with two counts of assaulting police officers, plus one each of obstructing police and possession of an offensive weapon.

His arrest was the culmination of three days of birthday celebrations at his Septimus St address.

Sergeant Steve Baddock said noise-control officers first attended the house on Friday after complaints of loud music, and had gone back after midnight on Sunday along with two Pahiatua police officers to seize the stereo following further complaints.

The officers were turned away by the birthday celebrant who is accused of aggressively wielding a shovel.

Mr Baddock said two Masterton police officers then joined the pair and once again demanded the stereo from the house. He said at that point the man had approached the police with two sticks and allegedly threatened them.

One police officer used a taser on the man "to minimal effect", with the man then accused of calling on "eight to 10 others" from the party to "get weapons and get an axe" to further confront the police.

Mr Baddock said the police and noise control staff retreated and called for back-up, with officers from Pahiatua and a dog handler from Masterton arriving shortly after to cordon off the street.

The man then allegedly had a further go at police and was arrested by several officers.



Submit a comment

Website & Contents © Walton & Johnson | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

Powered by BubbleUp, Ltd.

W&J on Twitter.comW&J on Facebook.com